Obtaining an apostille on a federal government document differs from State documents Apostille.
The first is obtained from the U.S. Department of State “House of Authentication” in Washington DC, while “Secretary of State” offices in all 50 States are responsible for issuing Apostilles on public and private State documents
The key point here is to know how to tell the difference between the two types to authenticate your documents.
Or, you can use the expedited Apostille service of DC Apostille in charge of $45.00 all inclusive
Federal Agencies in the United States
Wikipedia states that: “ the legislative definitions of Federal Agency are varied, and even contradictory, and the official United States Government Manual offers no definition. While the Administrative Procedure Act definition of “agency” applies to most executive branch agencies, Congress may define an agency, however, it chooses in enabling legislation, and subsequent litigation, often involving the Freedom of Information Act and the Government in the Sunshine Act. The executive branch of the federal government includes the Executive Office of the President and the United States federal executive departments (whose secretaries belong to the Cabinet). Employees of the majority of these agencies are considered civil servants.
Examples of Federal Judiciary of the United States
- Tax Court
- Court of Federal Claims
- Court of International Trade
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Judicial Circuit Courts of Appeal
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- US Bankruptcy Courts
Examples of United States Federal Executive Departments
- The Food and Drug Administration ( FDA).
- The Federal Bureau of Investigations ( FBI).
- The US Patent and Trademark office ( USPTO).
- The US Department of Agriculture ( USDA).
- The Environmental Protection Agency ( EPA).
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- The office Homeland Security.
- The Social Security Agency.
Examples of most common Federally Issued Documents
- Sanitation Certificate
- Certificate of Exportability.
- Certificate to Foreign Government (CFG).
- Non-Clinical Research Use Only Certificate.
- Certificate of Pharmaceutical products.
- COPP- Foreign Manufacturer.
- Specified Risk Material of Bovine Origin.
- Social Security Benefit Letter.
- FBI Criminal Background Check.
- Patent / Trademark.
- Plant certificate.
- Animal Health Certificate.
- Phytosanitary Certificate.
- Form 6166‐ US Tax Residency.
- Naturalization Certificate.
You can obtain Federal Apostille from the US department of State in Washington DC for Federally issued document by requesting the expedited service of DC Apostille. Prepare a package that includes your document, your prepaid return airway bill, your contact information and your payment to our Washington DC Address: