First of all, you will need to know what the Power of Attorney means, and how you can choose the correct form for your purpose?
What is a Power of Attorney?
A Power of Attorney is a legal document that authorizes someone “the agent” to act on behalf of you ”the client” in a certain legal or financial issue and for a certain duration, which is set forth in the form. The “Agent” can be anyone and doesn’t necessarily have to be a lawyer. All the “Agent’s powers” is defined by you and written in the form. There are different types of Power of Attorneys depending on the particular situation and the required purposes. For example, the “general power of Attorney” allows your agent a complete powers over your financial, medical or legal situations. While the “Limited power of Attorney or Special Power of Attorney” allows your agent the powers to handle a single and specific situation, which is stated in the POS’s form.
When you will need to create a “Power of Attorney”?
- If you are medically unfit and you want to authorize someone to handle your legal , financial and medical issues.
- If you are away from home and you want someone to handle a certain issue such as buying or selling.
How to get a Power of Attorney?
1st) Download the POA template that suit your situation.
Power of Attorney templates
2nd) Read the Power of Attorney carefully
If you have decided that you don’t need a lawyer and that you are going to prepare your Power of Attorney by yourself, you have to pay complete attention while doing it so as to make any mistake that cost you a lot later. After you have decided what type of power of Attorney you need, you have to read it carefully once and twice to make sure that is describe and state the same purpose that you are looking for. If you have found in the POA form any statement that you cannot understand, don’t use this form and choose another one. Do Not sign the Power of Attorney except when you have fully understand every word in the form.
Please pay attention that you will need to provide an arabic translation for your Power of Attorney because you are going to use it in Egypt.
3rd) Get the Required authentications
1. Sign the Power of Attorney before a Notary Public
The Power of Attorney is a legal document that must be certified in front of a notary public in your State. The notary must ensure that you will sign the Power in your complete capacity before he signs the document.Please pay attention that you will need to provide an arabic translation for your Power of Attorney because you are going to use it in Egypt.
2. Certify your document from your local secretary of State Office
Contact the Secretary of State office in the same state where the notary is licensed.
3. Get the US Department of State authentication in Washington DC
The last step is to obtain the authentication from the US department of State in Washington DC.
4. Get Egypt Embassy Legalization
You have to contact the appropriate Egyptian Embassy or Consulates ,Depending on the State, in which your power of Attorney was issued, as follow:-
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Virginia, Washington, DC, West Virginia, Contact the Embassy of Egypt in Washington DC.
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont, New York, Contact the Consulate of Egypt in New York, NY.
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Wisconsin, Contact the Consulate of Egypt in Chicago, IL.
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Hawaii, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Utah, Contact the Consulate of Egypt in Los Angeles, CA.
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Contact the Consulate of Egypt in Houston, TX.
If you are in a time pressed situation and you want to expedite Egypt Embassy Legalization for Power of Attorney, please contact www.dcapostille.com to legalize power of Attorneyfor Egypt timely and effectively.